Environmental Disease Research Project
Comprehensive List of Environmental Diseases
1. All students will complete a short research paper on two specific environmental diseases.
Students must be very specific in the pollutant. They can’t pick a disease and have a broad group of pollutants. They may however pick
a toxin/pollutant and it may cause many symptoms /related diseases.
For example: Hexavalentchromium (6) is the toxin/pollutant
It causes a wide variety of diseases and they can use as many of these as they want.
A. Research paper
1. Students will write a research paper that contains a minimum of 6 paragraphs. It should start with an introductory paragraph and end with a conclusion. The others should contain supporting information.
2. All students must provide the definition for an environmental disease.
3. All students must identify what environmental disease they have chosen
4. Provide information that describes where this disease is most prevalent
5. What is the infectious agent and how is the disease transmitted into the human?
6. Symptoms of the disease
7. Factors that increase the likelihood that a person may get the disease (environmental conditions)
9. All sources must be cited and included on an appropriate “reference page” in MLA style. Must have at least 3 credible sources.
10. Typing instructions
1/2 inch margins
12 inch font size
Times New Roman font