My Trip Abroad Directions
Mi Viaje al Extranjero
First thing first, choose your country! On Wednesday, May 8 (jueves, el tres de mayo)
You must turn a copy of your initial research, that includes:
Ö The country/ region and the 5 cities that you plan to visit within that country.
Ö Brief explanation of reasons that you would want to visit those cities. What sights of historical / cultural significance are there?
A. The Journal Grade due by Tuesday, May 14:
- Write a typed first-person account of a 10-14 day trip to Spain, Mexico/Central America, or South America. You do NOT necessarily need a journal entry for every day, but certainly one for every city!
- Visit at least 5 cities; you may stay in each city for more than one day. If you take a day trip to visit a smaller city of significance it counts towards your five cities!
Travel along a REALISTIC itinerary. You have chosen 5 cities in that country that you would want to visit... don’t just “travel” randomly around the map! You will need to travel to the cities in a logical manner and for good reason. If you are traveling within Central America, and even South America, AND it is possible to visit more than one country during one trip, you may do so. (If a city was very far away, my sister and I sometimes traveled on train at night so we could save money, i.e. no hotel, and time, wake up in a new city!)
- Have at least two pictures for each city, although not necessarily each day, you visit; it should be a picture of culturally &/or historically SPECIFIC to that city, also be sure that they are actually images from the city or surrounding area. No sunsets, etc! Do not use a picture of a Picasso painting for the Prado in Madrid, if the painting is actually in Paris!
10 pictures minimum
- You must be informative in your journal, and provide details / facts about the sights that you visit. Include historical &/or cultural information/facts for each city you visit (including where it is & why you would go there).
- For each city, you must visit at least 2 sights of historical &/or cultural significance, describing the historical &/or cultural significance of the sight 10 sights total minimum + information
- Write the day and date of each journal entry en español.
- Use Spanish in quotations in each entry… to retell what was said, to describe, to express exclamation… etc. No “Spanglish”, the Spanish must be used in quotations!
Include 20 significant uses of the Spanish language. Focus on using vocabulary that is actually necessary for traveling, dining, and staying in a Spanish-speaking country. NOTE: <<Hola.>> and <<Sí.>> will not be enough on there own. See example.
8. Have an entry related to, and that describes, a significant part of Spanish/hispanic culture.
B. The Powerpoint Presentation begin Wednesday, May 15.
1. In Spanish
2. Share the images that you included in your journal, briefly telling which cities you visited, what sights you saw in the cities, and BRIEFLYexplaining why they are historically significant.
I will grade on all of the elements listed above, as well as:
1. Overall product (Neatness/time spent) : Would I want to use it as a future example of the project?
2. English & Spanish grammar and spelling
3. Done by due date
* It goes without saying that you should refrain from any inappropriate behavior or language.